Monday 6 April 2009

Ergonomic chair – latest thoughts (2)

I have now been using my new ergonomic chair for almost two weeks and so far it has more than lived up to my expectations.

After struggling to remain in any comfortable position for more than a few minutes on my previous chair, I find that this chair is quite the reverse. The adjustments are quick and easy and the lumbar support, which results from a combination of an inflatable backrest balloon zone and an up-down action sliding backrest, are extremely good.

The seat tilt is also critical and I am amazed at how having the seat base tilted forwards and downwards does provide an ideal working position.

The other big surprise is how beneficial the arm rests are and the extent to which I am using them. I am also surprised to realise that the inward tilt action (which I thought rather a novelty) is very useful as it allows the armrests to offer good forearm support when typing.

All told I am struggling to find a negative feature of the chair at present and I am quickly concluding that it is one of the best £230 that I have spent in a long time.

The other great thing about this kind of chair is the speed and ease with which you can make immediate changes to position in lots of subtle, but important, ways. Even as I write this post, I quickly change the forward tilt to an even greater downward angle and it causes a change in the relaxation of all the back and torso muscles in a positive way. In half a second I can reverse the position, or make a near limitless number of combination changes that see my posture taking new positions all the time. Something that my chiropractor recommends as being important to anyone who remains seated for long periods of time.

I will add another review in a couple more weeks with, I hope, an equally favourable reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment